Bixie and Box Turtles
COMMON NAME: Box Turtle
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Terrapene carolina
DIET: Omnivorous diet of insects, snails, slugs, worms, berries, fungi, roots, flowers, fish, frogs, birds, eggs, and carrion (dead or rotting animals).
YOUNG: The female Box Turtle lays 3 to 8 eggs, called a clutch, in a hole dug in sandy soil or soil with decaying vegetation. She hides and buries the eggs.
HABITAT: Eastern United States from Maine to Florida, west to Michigan through Texas and into Mexico. They live in woods, pastures, and meadows.
- 4 subspecies of Box Turtle are found in the United States, and 2 are found in Mexico.
- Box Turtles go into hibernation in October or November, sometimes later.
- When the Box Turtle is threatened it pulls its head, tail, and limbs into its shell for protection.
- A Box Turtle can live 100 years!
Benefits of KidzAnimals Products:
- Products are sure to bring Joy and Smiles!
- Products with many Background Colors to choose from!
- Most Products include ALL the Boy or Girl characters!
- A portion of profits Donated to Help Animals in Need!
NOTE: These product mockups are for display only. Colors, sizes, image placement, styles and fit may vary for products.