Guinea Pig Info
JenJen and Guinea Pigs
COMMON NAME: Guinea Pig, Cavy
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Cavia porcellus
DIET: Their diet in a natural habitat is grasses and other vegetation. As pets, Guinea Pigs eat food pellets, many types of vegetables and Timothy grass which is a type of hay.
YOUNG: In nature, Guinea Pigs live in small groups of several females and a single male. The babies are born in litters of 2 to 4 pups.
HABITAT: Guinea Pigs live naturally in the Andean area of South America. As pets they live everywhere.
- Guinea Pigs were domesticated in the Andes of South America 7,000 years ago where they were raised for food and used in folklore rituals.
- They are a type of rodent, and in spite of their name, not related to pigs.
- Guinea Pigs make a popular pet because they are small, and fairly easy to take care of and handle.
Benefits of KidzAnimals Products:
- Products are sure to bring Joy and Smiles!
- Products with many Background Colors to choose from!
- Most Products include ALL the Boy or Girl characters!
- A portion of profits Donated to Help Animals in Need!
NOTE: These product mockups are for display only. Colors, sizes, image placement, styles and fit may vary for products.